THE BEST PRO-ANA TIPS ON THE WEB!!
1) Turn off all the heat in your house and open the windows wide. Walk around in short sleeves and dip your fingers and toes in bowls of ice water every 10-15 minutes. This will do nothing to help you lose weight but it will help train you for the misery that anorexia brings in the form of being constantly cold. You are not allowed reprieve from this “feel the cold” stage as you will never be warm again until you recover.
2) Visit your hairdresser and ask her to pluck 25-50% of the hair from your head. While you’re at it ask her to over-process your hair with whatever chemicals she had on hand. If the over-processing makes you lose even more hair that’s even better. This step will get you used to the dry, brittle, falling out hair you’ll have once you’re nutrient deprived.
3) If you plan on purging you should visit your dentist and ask them to grind all the enamel off your teeth. While there also ask if they can pull out a couple of existing fillings. Your teeth will be wrecked soon anyway so you may as well get a head start and learn what it feels like to have super sensitive teeth once your enamel is gone.
4) Ignore all your friends. Don’t tell them why. Don’t do anything that would give them a chance to try and stop you from cutting them out. You will likely feel utterly miserable. Learn to expect that. You will feel miserable during every day of your eating disorder anyway. The loneliness is a key part of this misery.
5) If you’re in school you should throw away all your textbooks and order their equivalents in a foreign language. This stage will get you started on the cognitive difficulties you will suffer once malnutrition sets in. In a few months of anorexia you will feel like everything is in a foreign language anyway since you can’t read it because your malnourished brain has made you stupid.
6) If you have a job ask your boss to start withholding half your pay. With the amount of sick days you have once your e.d. is bad, you’re going to lose half of your pay anyway. This will help you get used to that. In 3 months you should quit your job with no backup plan. This will let you know what it feels like to be fired because your e.d. made you a lousy employee.
7) Throw away your calendar. Stop asking people their name. Leave your backpack and purse at home every time you go out. You need to learn what it’s like to live without a memory. As well as making you stupid malnutrition will rob you of your memory. Stand up every ten minutes to make sure you turned off the kettle/iron/tap. You know you are forgetful and you are anxious about that. Do this all day every day. You will soon forget why anyway as your memory becomes utterly useless.
8) Throw away all your moisturizer, body wash, anything that makes your skin soft and lovely. Like your hair you need to feel what it’s like for that to be dry and fragile. Think back to the last time you fell down a flight of stairs. With your malnourished body and skin you will feel like that every single day. You will wake up bruised and aching and scraped and you won’t know why. The answer is your e.d. The answer to all misery is your e.d.
9) Lock yourself in a dark room. Put up spotlights everywhere else in the house. Do not shower. Do not even wash your face. Play music that makes you sad. When it’s time for bed play a CD of a jackhammer. The ED will rob your ability to sleep well and you need to experience that. If all of this sounds like torture…it is. With this ED you will be sad, and scared, and panicked all the time. This emotional hell will rob you of the ability to do tasks as simple as brushing your teeth.
10) Write a list of every good thing you want out of life. Burn it. As long as you have an eating disorder that is all you will have. You will watch every good thing go up in smoke.
so many of these I thought only happened to me during my eating disorder; I had no idea how widespread my symptoms were.
This explains the hell of an ED in a very good way.
But let me tell you the reality is even worse than this.
STOP GLAMORIZING EDS.
They are serious illnesses. Don’t wish to be sick.(via likeaclassicbitch)
1 in 4 people will be touched by mental health illness every year in the UK alone, yet people still don’t openly talk about it and some even refuse to accept it’s existence at all. As a result, only 1 in 5 will ever seek the help they need because they are afraid of being labelled… because one you’ve been labelled, you become your label.
We are human beings, not our illnesses and we deserve help and support.
I’ll stand up to stigma attached to mental illness, will you?
My name is Fran, and I am sky diving to fight to end stigma, labeling and discrimination.
Please visit Justgiving to read our story and help us raise money for the Mental Health Foundation. It really will make a difference to the lives of so many people.
My skydive is in a week and I’m trying to push up my fundraising total before I do the jump. If you could spare even a pound, you can contribute towards a brighter future for all those affected by mental health problems.
Please signal boost this post, and donate generously if you can.
It means the world to me, and most importantly to the charity who will fight tirelessly to remove stigma and improve support and treatment to everyone battling a mental illness.
I hope one day
you give your heart
Who will hold it tight
as if it were their own.
I hope one day
you wake up and
or someone to live for.
I hope one day
you can go to bed smiling
without a worry in the
I hope one day
the battle is over
and you have won.
I hope one day
you meet someone
who makes you realize
how how beautiful
you truly are.